DiveAssure members have access to numerous benefits, available exclusively to them. Most benefits are available to members from any country, while some are available only in certain regions. Please check us out regularly as new benefits are added from time to time.
Please note: in case of a medical emergency while traveling please refer to our Emergency Procedures for contact information.
Emergency and Medical Benefits
- Medical Hotlines: Access to the DiveAssure medical hotlines, for consultation with a ‘Duke Dive Medicine’ physician. All DiveAssure members, partners and dive-leaders can call the DiveAssure- Duke Medical Hotline with any question on diving safety and other non-emergency medical diving issues.
- Medical Monitoring (Service provided by “On Call International”): On Call shall, via telephone, email and fax, monitor the Participant’s conditions when hospitalized. On Call shall maintain an appropriate level of contact with the treating physician and nursing staff as well as obtain relevant medical, surgical and treatment plan reports and information. On Call will use information obtained to assess the available level of care in relation to the patient’s condition and geographical location where treatment is being performed.
- Prescription Assistance (Same): If a Participant requires prescription medication or eyeglasses not available where he/she is staying, On Call International will consult with the prescribing physician and locate and arrange to send the prescription medication or eyeglasses when it is possible and legally acceptable. The Participant is responsible for the cost of providing the medication or eyeglasses.
- Deposit, Advance and Payment Guarantees (Same): Deposits, advances and guarantees will be provided for, but not limited to, medical facilities, ground and air ambulances and other like providers to secure service for Participant. Any advances of funds on behalf of the Participant shall be charged to the Participant’s credit card at the time of service.
- Medical, Dental and Pharmacy Referrals: On Call shall provide, at the Participant’s request, referrals to medical and/or dental professionals and pharmacies in the given geographic area locations of western style medical facilities and English speaking doctors, dentists and other healthcare providers in an area served by On Call to the extent possible.
- Dispatch of Doctors/Specialists: If Participants are Hospitalized, On Call Assistance Coordinators may dispatch a physician or other health care professional to assist in determining the medical condition and Participant’s suitability to travel. Any expenses/fees charged by the physician or other health care professional, including fees for time, travel and other expenses, are the Participant’s responsibility.
- Medication, Vaccine and Blood Transfers: At Participant’s request, and with authorization of the prescribing physician, On Call will dispatch prescription medicine, vaccines or blood products when unavailable locally and when legally permissible. Participant is responsible for any expenses incurred in this regard including, but not limited to, the cost of the pharmaceuticals, shipping cost, taxes or other import/export duties. These expenses will be billed to the Participant’s credit card prior to shipping.
- Dispatch of Medicine: On Call shall dispatch to the Participant prescription medicine, when not locally available and legally permissible, upon the written authorization of Participant’s Primary Physician. The Participant is responsible for any expenses incurred in this regard, including but not limited, to the cost of the pharmaceuticals, shipping cost, taxes or other import/export duties. These expenses will be billed to the Participant’s credit card prior to shipping.
- Transfer of Insurance Information to Medical Providers: To help prevent delays or denials of medical care, On Call Assistance Coordinators will assist Participant with hospital admission, such as relaying insurance benefit information. On Call will also assist with discharge planning.
- Medical Records: Transfer Upon Participant’s consent, On Call will assist with the transfer of medical information and records to Participant or the treating physician. Any expenses will be billed to Participant’s credit card at the time of service.
- Continuous Updates to Family, Employer, and Physician: With Participant’s approval, On Call will provide case updates to appropriate individuals Participant designates in order to keep them informed.
- Hotel Arrangements for Convalescence: On Call will assist Participant with the arrangement of hotel stays and room requirements before or after hospitalization. Any expenses will be billed to Participant’s credit card at the time of service.