The single-trip Standard Passport program offers basic travel protection covering both diving and other adventure trips and non-adventure trips.
Click here to read the description of coverage for this program.
Program’s main features:
- Primary coverage – Primary coverage means that the insured doesn’t have to wait for any other insurance company to pay first. A primary program will cover an incident regardless of other insurance policies a person has.
- Diving accident medical coverage – Coverage for medical expenses incurred as a result of a diving accidents, including hyperbaric treatments, hospital bills and prescriptions up to $150,000
- Emergency medical evacuation coverage – Coverage for evacuation to a medical facility, following a diving accident. Coverage includes the cost of air, land or sea evacuation up to $50,000
- Non-diving related medical coverage– covering injuries or sickness while traveling that are not a result of diving, up to $150,000
- Trip cancellation/interruption– covering you for cancellations or interruptions due to various reasons, up to $5,000
- Trip Delay– coverage for delays en route to your destination or back home, up to $500
- Missed Connections– covering your additional travel expenses in case you miss a connection en route to your destination, up to $1,000
- Repatriation of remains to home country– coverage of up to $20,000
- Lost baggage and diving gear– coverage for personal baggage and diving gear that was lost during your trips: $1000 diving gear, $500 general baggage, electronics (non-diving) $300
- Baggage delay– daily compensation in case your personal baggage or diving gear is delayed from getting to your travel destination, up to $500.
- No depth limit.
- No mixed gases limits – This program includes coverage for depths or mixed gases, based on your certification level.
- 24/7 emergency assistance – Trained and experienced doctors and nurses, and travel assistance agents will be available for you 24/7.
- Non Emergency help lines – Access to DiveAssure & Duke Dive Medicine’s non-emergency medical hotlines and consultation with a DDM physician on diving related medical questions.
- Direct payment – DiveAssure will make a direct payment to emergency and medical providers including hyperbaric chambers rather than reimburse you. No need for you to make any out-of pocket payment.
Please Note: this is only a general description of this program’s features. Click here to read the full terms and conditions of this coverage offered under this program.
Need a higher level of coverage? Check out our Deluxe or Elite programs.
Need coverage for multiple trips? Check out our annual Deluxe multi-trip program.
Need annual diving accident coverage? Check out our Gold or Platinum insurance programs.